CONTOUR & HIGHLIGHT | KAT VON D SHADE N LIGHT CONTOUR FACE PALETTE REVIEW & SWATCHESSunday, July 03, 2016
I'm back with another review, and today we are playing with the Kat Von D Shade N Light Contour Face Palette WHOOPWHOOP! Can everyone just rejoice now???? I mean i've been hearing so much about this brand and the fact that I could only hear and see other people play with their make up while I can't get my hands on them because they were not in Singapore yet was the most torturous part.
But thank god Sephora has decided to include Kat Von D Cosmetics in their stores starting July this year!
If you are on a lookout for a contour and highlight palette, this is one I would definitely recommend, especially to those who are already a little well versed with contouring powders because these are not the cheapest, and are VERY pigmented so unless you're someone that knows how to control the application, I wouldn't really recommend this.
Check out the video below if you want to see how I do my contour and highlight and also for the first impression of this palette :)
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel if you wanna catch first hand updates!
6 Matte shades - 3 highlight and 3 contour shades
Highlight shades: Lucid (almost white), Lyric (yellow for brightening), Levitation (salmon)
Contour Shades: Sombre (Ash brown, for lighter skin), Shadow Play (warmer brown for bronzing) , Subconscious (dark brown, more to the warmer side)
- The powders blend like a dream and are SUPER pigmented and finely milled. Quality is amazing and lasting power is really good too.
- Comes with a big huge mirror for touch ups
- A wide range of shades for people with different skin tones
- Different powders for different uses, white for highlight, yellow for brightening, salmon for cancelling redness
- Price point, it is not cheap at $73
- All matte shades, it's a con only for people who would like some variety in finishes
- Being super pigmented can be a pro or a con, if you're not careful you will apply too much and you may look overdone
- Size of palette is pretty huge if you're gonna bring it to travel
It is a really good product that I would recommend to those who already contour and highlight their faces very often. Also, if you're a fan of matte highlights, this palette has one of the best range of matte highlight shades that are very pigmented I've come across.
I wouldn't recommend this to beginners who are just starting to learn how to contour and highlight. Firstly you're only going to be using at most 2 to 3 shades in the palette. Also if you're just starting out, the last thing you want to do is overdo it! I personally contour and highlight my face everyday and I went a little too heavy handed the first time I tried it (as you can see in the video), so if you're a beginner and on a hunt for a good contour to try, you can give products like Hoola by Benefit, or Etude House Play Stick a try.
Kat Von D Cosmetics is available at Sephora Singapore from July 2016 onwards.
Hope you guys enjoyed this post!